Villain Resurrection Clause
defeated villain returns from death, usually after extended period of time
- It's been three hundred years;Right down to the day;Now the witch is back;And there's Hell to pay!- Winifred Sanderson - Hocus Pocus
Examples: Film - Animated
- In Hocus Pocus, the Sanderson Sisters cast such a spell right before being hanged in the Salem Witch Trials, and return several hundred years later on Halloween for one night to suck the souls out of the children of Salem and live forever.
- This is the ghost of Vigo the Carpathian's plan in Ghostbusters II, at first attempting to restore his body by possessing a baby, and then attempting to possess Ray.
- The is the general plot of The Mummy movies - an ancient curse allows a conqueror to return and attempt to reclaim their kingdom.
- The titular witch in Scooby-Doo And The Witch's Ghost included such a spell to bring her back in her lost spellbook, and a mystery hatches about whether or not she's really been resurrected. It turns out she's not, but the love interest is planning to do so for real.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.