For some reason, playing a saxophone will make you more manly and sexy than if you played the other brass and woodwinds combined. Maybe it's got something to do with how the sax bends as a graceful, feminine curve towards the player's crotch, or the way his hands hold it in a similar way a lady's back could be caressed if she happened to be in its place. Whatever the cause, playing the Saxophone is a surefire way to get girls... or get them hot and bothered.
See also Sexophone
, where Saxophone riffs are used as BGM for sexy scenes.
Live Action Film
- Trigun has Midvalley The Hornfreak. He plays sax and he gets the babes. He also kills people with sound waves, but that's irrelevant.
- A frequent theme in Some Like It Hot, in which Marilyn Monroe's character has a Fetish for saxophone players, but believes they're all jerks. The main character in the film is a saxophone player, and a jerk. Right at the end, Daphne attempts to deflect the attentions of Osgood by telling him "I have a terrible past. For three years now, I've been living with a saxophone player."
- On Parks and Recreation, straitlaced boss-man Ron Swanson leads a double life at night, moonlighting as smooth jazz saxophonist Duke Silver. Predictably, the Duke is a hit with the ladies.
- Lackadaisy's jazz musician Zib invokes this, being both a clarinetist and a saxophonist.
Q: "So I see that Zib plays the clarinet - why is he never depicted with one? (...)"
A: "Vanity. He prefers being pictured with the sexyphone. (...)"
- Diff'rent Strokes: Arnold pretends to play sax in order to get in some girl's pants. Problem is, he can't really play. He ends up getting Clarence Clemons to play Behind the Black while he lip-blew.
- On, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air Will did something similar with another famous (at the time) sax player
- Played with in one episode of Seinfeld, where Elaine's saxophone-playing boyfriend isn't as hot and heavy as she'd like him to be. He eventully does do what she wants him to do, which makes his mouth too tired to play the saxophone and he blows an audition.
- Parodied on a Saturday Night Live Digital Short. Andy Samberg is, on account of a Gypsy curse, haunted by an incredibly-sexy saxophonist (played by a half-naked Jon Hamm) named Sergio who keeps barging in on his happiest life events and inevitably attracting the attention of whatever women happen to be nearby.
- In Star Trek: The Next Generation, Commander Riker has been known to pick up the saxophone from time to time as part of his Ladies Man characterization.