Needs a Better Description
, working on it.
You get to the end of your great big adventure, and for some reason you turn into a tree or other inanimate object. And that was the goal of your adventure the whole time. And no, you can never change back.
Beware: this is an Ending Trope
, so spoilers ahoy.
- World of Mana examples:
- In Final Fantasy Adventure, the Mana Tree dies after the battle. The heroine, as the sole surviving member of the Mana Tribe, must stay and become the new tree.
- In Secret of Mana, you discover that your mother is part of the mana tree, and that that is the fate of all the women in the mana clan.
- In Seiken Densetsu 3, your fairy friend who accompanied you the entire adventure is actually a seed of the mana tree.
- Legend of Mana ends with you killing the mana goddess inside the mana tree and then disappearing from the world. No explanation is given, but we can expect you've become a mana tree because it keeps happening in the Mana series.
- Dawn of Mana: [need context here]
- In Summoner 2, Maia transforms into the tree of Eleh after defeating the Tempest.
- In Elfstones of Shannara, the second book of The Sword of Shannara Trilogy, Amberle is transformed into the Ellcrys.
- In Final Fantasy IV, Palom and Porom is Taken for Granite in order to save the rest of the party.