The hunter who respects his prey. May even consider his prey sacred, but hunt it anyway, not forgetting to give eulogy or some other tribute to creature that will feed his family. Related to Apologetic Attacker
Common trait for Noble Savage
and savage in general.
- Avatar: Na'vi speaks to animals before finishing them.
- The Gods Must Be Crazy: The Kalahari Bushmen are shown to use tranquilizers which put their prey to sleep instead of killing them, and like the Na'vi, apologize too and thank the prey before slaying.
- The Aztec culture were beyond repectful hunters, they were also respectul harvesters
- Same as Native Americans. Their view of world is that everything has a spirit. They must thank everything they kill for sustenance.
- Japanese Shinto followers feel similarly, they believe there is a spirit in everything and you have to give offerings to the spirit of whatever you kill or use, plants and natural landmarks in particular but also animals.