Do We Have This One?
? Probably Needs a Better Title
Human emotions can be quite an obstacle. Fear
can make you unable to face the danger. Compassion can prevent you from shooting the dog
even if it's necessary. Love can make you crazy
or lead you straight to the Dark Side
. Let alone it hurts
. And then there are such things as anger or hatred. Anyway, emotions cloud your mind and impede logical thought
So, what do you do with them? Well, you can find a way to relieve yourself of this burden. Via some sort of training
or some Applied Phlebotinum
you can completely remove your capacity to feel emotions. Results and consequences vary.
Or if you are an Evil Overlord
or... uh... a caring and benevolent ruler
, you may decide that your subjects must be turned into perfect beings via forcible Emotion Suppression.
- The Vulcan culture has it at its core
- Sai from Naruto, being a member of a special ANBU branch, has undergone a training that removed his emotions. It also left him with No Social Skills.
- Pokémon Diamond and Pearl: Cyrus, leader of the Team Galactic, is trying to create a universe with no emotions so that there would be no conflicts.
- Equilibrium takes place in a society where everyone uses a drug called Prozium to suppress their emotions. Refusal to administer it is punishable by death.
- We: people of the One State are calculating, emotionless and strive only to follow only logic. In the end a way is discovered to truly erase an individual's ability to feel emotions by irradiating a certain spot of the brain with X-Rays and everyone is irreversibly brainwashed.