I think I have a super-hero stalker!
Sometimes, whether the stalking is otherwise endearing
or not, the stalker is portrayed as saving their victim from something worse. (Or in some cases, from another stalker
EDITED IN: Bumping after a few months to see how it fares now.
Anime and Manga
- Yukiteru frequently gets rescued by his Yandere stalker in Future Diary.
- In Death Note, Misa Amane's life was saved by a shinigami who became obsessed with her. While watching her one night he saw a second stalker, this one with a knife, come up behind her and threaten murder/suicide if she didn't date him, and zapped the guy with his Death Note. Of course, killing to save a life is something shinigami aren't allowed to do.
- Quasimodo rescues the gypsy Esmeralda from public hanging in Victor Hugo's The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
- Edward from Twilight saves Bella from some thugs (who are implied rapists) whilst stalking her in Seattle.
- In The X-Files, Mr. X saves Mulder from an exploding train.
- Twisted in a Dollhouse episode where a pop diva's murderous stalker is actually working with her because she wants to commit suicide-by-stalker on stage.
- Persona 4. The main characters are investigating a murder/kidnapping case, and end up tailing Kanji suspecting he'd be kidnapped, and thrown into the TV World. Which he is and they rescue him. The actual stalking itself is pretty harmless, and played for comedy though.