Wearing Actual Animal Accessory YKTTW Discussion
|Wearing Actual Animal Accessory|
Sometimes in a Bugs Bunny cartoon or the like, a woman will be shown wearing a lavish stoal; at some point the stoal will pop it's head up and shrug, "eh, it's a living," the joke being that she's wearing a live animal as an accessory. Where the animal is a fox or other predatory creature, it might growl at somebody touching it. Until this happens, it appears to the viewer as typical not-living accessory.
- Cruella to Animals notes that the character The High Horse, in Graham Masterton's Night Wars wears a cape of live animals sewn together.
- In one Pink Panther cartoon the Panther, having blow-dried his fur fluffy, crashes a banquet by letting himself be worn as a stoal.
- In an episode of Dinosaurs , the teenage girl Charlene gets a stoal which is a real mink-like creature. The stoal is very snooty and starts telling her which friends are not high-class enough to be friends of "theirs." In the end Charlene decides some fashions just aren't worth it.
- Variation: in one episode of "The Itchy & Scratchy Show" Itchy (the mouse) skins Scratchy (the cat) alive and sells Scratchy's fur-covered skin to a Grande Dame. Scratchy, sans skin, accosts the Dame and takes his skin back, wrapping it around his neck. He leaves the store and is immediately pelted with red paint by a PETA-type group holding signs like "Fur is Murder."
Examples from "Live Mink Coat" YKTTW
- In Kevin & Kell, Kell's mother, Elanor, tries day trading, and makes enough to actually pay minks to be a coat for her. She later makes a bad stock and trades it for a Bankruptcy Barrel.
- Nanny Ogg takes her cat to the opera in Maskerade, and wears him around her neck. Someone later comments that her fur stoal is eating someone's food in another seat.
- In the Phineas and Ferb episode "Run Run Away", Candace imagines herself being a model, and we see a shot of her in Fashion Magazines, including one where she is wearing a white cat around her neck.
- When the Carrington sisters are shipwrecked in Elite Beat Agents, one of the things they get the animals to do are wrap around their shoulders to keep them warm.
- Marie Miwa of the Ace Attorney games wears a coat of her pet foxes, who then come loose and help her in some tasks. The silver fox on her neck even acts as an Expressive Accessory.
- In Catwoman's first appearance in Batman: The Animated Series, she is carrying her cat, Isis, around her neck, to help in one of her theft's.
- "Warmhearted" by Shel Silverstein:
Beatrice Bright is for animal rights—She's waiting for Animal Day to arrive.And though you see herIn her new fox fur,The fox that she wears is still alive.