A trend today is to take a Public-Domain Character and add a horror element. Subtrope of X Meets Y. (NOTE: I know most of the ones I'm listing to start off have no context. I haven't seen/read any of them, just going by Popcultural Osmosis and their Exactly What It Says on the Tin titles. Help with brief descriptions would be appreciated.)
- Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter
- Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies
- Sense and Sensibility and Sea Monsters
- Helen Killer, a comic book about Helen Keller as a top government spy.
- Kill Shakespeare
- The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, to the extent that characters from mundane fiction are lumped into the same universe as Dracula and War of the Worlds.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.