Tropes teach us that in civilian life the Nice Jewish Boy
wants a Shiksa Goddess
. An Asian Guy thinks blondes are better. And the black dude is infatuated with the white girl
. Apparently these tropes apply heavily to the world of organized crime. It may be a latent desire to in some way escape the culture in which their criminality was bred. Maybe the girl is just hot
. But the tendency in film and television for the wife or girlfriend of a character to be of an ethnic group different from their husband and/or his organization is quite prevalent.
Live Action TV
- In The Godfather- Italian-American Michael Corleone, Kay Adams
- In Goodfellas- Irish-Italian Henry Hill, Jewish-American Karen Hill 
- In Scarface- Cuban Tony Montana, WASP Elvira Hancock
- In Carlito's Way- Puerto-Rican American Carlito Brigante, WASP Gail
- In American Gangster- black Frank Lucas, Puerto Rican Eva
- In Public Enemies- American Southerner John Dilinger, half-French half Indian Billie Frechette.
- In Pulp Fiction: black Marsellus Wallace, white Mia Wallace.
- In the series Boardwalk Empire- Irish-American James Darmody is married to Italian-American Angela, while friend Al Capone is married to an Irish woman.