Aflame with Anger YKTTW Discussion
|Aflame with Anger|
So angry, you literally burst into flames.
fire-manipulating abilities. Much like hot sauce, comes in weak, mild, hot, and volcanic. The hotter the anger, the more of these combine.
- Weak: The character reddens several shades but doesn't spontaneously combust.
- Mild: Their eyes turn red and/or have twin flames, usually paired with Glowing Eyes of Doom.
- Hot: Flaming Hair erupts, usually also growing in length.
- Volcanic: The character is Wreathed in Flames.
- Sanji in One Piece.
- Yu-Gi-Oh: Joey Wheeler does this when he gets really riled up. A good way to make this happen is to pretend to be his Only Mostly Dead Love Interest just to screw with him. Or call him names. Or just be Kaiba.
- Charlie in Fire Starter has Pyrokinesis and Power Incontinence, but when she's angry at somebody else, she doesn't burst into flame -- THEY DO. And ditto the Roaring Rampageof Revenge at the end of the film.
- Hades in Hercules always has a blue flame of hair on his head, when he gets mad it flares up, goes red and/or his whole body erupts in flame depending on the level of anger.
- In the Enchanted Forest Chronicles, fire witches' hair bursts into flame whenever they become ticked off.
- Bob and George: Bob has fire producing/manipulating abilities so he tends to go through all the phases depending on just how mad he gets.
- That Guy with the Glasses explodes multiple times in The Nostalgia Critic review of Quest for Camelot, culminating in a nuclear blast. You can watch it here. (Not recommended for anyone who will be offended by him utterly dissing the movie; also NSFW due to loud swearing and one very violent clip from a different movie).
- Katie Kaboom does this on Animaniacs once a month.
- The villain named Father from Codename: Kids Next Door can coat himself with and manipulate fire, but he flares up accordingly as he gets angrier.
- Wanda of Fairly OddParents has gotten angry enough that the flames show up in her eyes, and her hair lights on fire.
- Vicky has also gotten angry enough that the flames show up in her eyes.
- In the 2002 He-Man cartoon when Skeletor got mad his otherwise empty eye sockets would form glowing red lights in them. The madder he was the bigger and brighter they got. (may not be actual fire so much as magical energy but same principle)
- In the Looney Tunes short "My Favorite Duck", Porky Pig gets so angry he bursts into flames, is reduced to ashes, then reforms out of a column of smoke.
- Raven from the animated Teen Titans gets blue flames shooting from her head when angry at her annoying teammates.
- The above picture is from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic episode "Feeling Pinky Keen."