Fallen to the Scrappy Heap
A character from a well like or decent to a unlikable character by fans.
Seriously, this title is the only thing that I can think of. Basically, Fallen To The Scrappy Heap is about a character who used to be well liked by fans. But then, the writer screwed up by making this character taking a level of Jerkass., making the character wins all the time and turns the character into a pony lover. Of course, peoples started to hate that character. Contrast to Rescued from the Scrappy Heap, where the character went from unlikable rewritten in a way that it becomes likable.
- Kio Asuno in Mobile Suit Gundam AGE. When he first appeared, he's actually a decent character. Then, he became a Technical Pacifist and yelling at enemies to stop fighting and 'understand' each other a lot. It all went downhill. Not to mention that he seems to care about his enemy side's casualties than his own wingmates.
- Sally Acorn of the Sonic the Hedgehog comics slowly fell into this (or at the very least high order Base Breaker territory) due to gradual use of romantic sub plots, spotlight stealing and her overbearing tendancy to have a clear moral compass over everyone else. Bringing up her name in a Sonic forum tends to be one of the most prominant Triggers for flame wars. This treatment is particularly evident in the fanbase's reaction to her robotocization in the current comic arc.
- Attempted in Winx Club, where the writers tried to makes the audience hates Diaspro by turning her into a Rich Bitch. It didn't work.
- Mr Krabs of SpongeBob SquarePants was a fairly liked character among the fanbase in early seasons. After having Took a Level in Jerkass into a corrupt borderline Villain Protagonist, he seems to provoke nothing but bile with fans of the show.
- Almost every character in Family Guy due to evolving into Comedic Sociopaths with few redeeming qualities, largely in the eyes of earlier fans who prefered the more light hearted and sentimental tone of the first seasons over the more mean spirited and vulgar later ones.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.