Do We Have This One?? Wrenches are tools often associated with The Engineer and the Wrench Wench, using them to build and repair objects, whether by tightening bolts or Percussive Maintenance. Like other tools used in construction (hammers, nailguns, etc.), wrenches can be very effective weapons.
Examples:Anime and Manga
- Fullmetal Alchemist: Winry, who also is a Wrench Wench.
- Takashi in High School Of The Dead uses a wrench as a weapon as they enter Shizuka's friend's apartment.
- In G.I. Joe comics, a large automechanic's wrench is the weapon of choice for the recent Deadnok recruit Heartwrencher. In spite of his name, the same doesn't apply to longtime Dreadnok Monkeywrench.
- One of the murder weapons in Clue.
- Used a couple of times in Star Trek TOS.
- In "Court Martial", Finney uses a (20th-century) wrench in a fight with Kirk, but doesn't get a good blow in.
- In "Space Seed", Kirk surprises Khan with a whack from a (23d-century) Space Wrench. Take that, superhuman!
- Cid uses wrenches as weapons in Final Fantasy IV. Hilariously, they're some of the strongest weapons in the game while he's in your party- even better than swords and karate.
- Ratchet & Clank: Ratchet uses the Omniwrench, which he uses for its actual purpose too.
- Adrian Shephard in Opposing Force has one (in place of a crowbar).
- Team Fortress 2: the melee weapon of The Engineer. The Golden Wrench and Southern Comfort are unlockable items for the class, the former turns enemies into gold while the latter is specificaly for combat; it has a razor blade and a spiked knuckleguard. That said, in both cases the wrench is used to build and repair the Engineer's buildings.
- Bioshock: the first weapon the player character gets.
- Yosuke in Persona 4 usually has dual daggers/kunai, but can pick up a pair of spanners at one point.
- Wrenches are used by Engineers in Makai Kingdom with the Tech Bash skill, and possibly as an equippable weapon.
- In Girl Genius, Agatha clobbers Vole with a big wrench, after distracting him with a cup of coffee to the face.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.