Tomboyish Sidetails YKTTW Discussion
A Tomboy who has two sidetails to complement her short hair.
Japanese media’s version of Tomboyish Ponytail and tomboy braids. Short hair and two tail on each side of the head that reach at least down to her shoulders used to set off girls who are Tomboys, Ladettes, or at least don't act in a "proper" girlish manner. Has similar effect as Short Hair with Tail, because short hair is boyish but the tails makes the hair just girly enough. Sometimes the sidetails are the only visual clue that the character is in fact a girl. Contrast Princess Curls.
Examples:Anime And Manga
- Minamo Kurosawa from Azumanga Daioh is a phys-ed teacher and swim team coach and got these.
- Misaki Suzuhara from Angelic Layer, at least in the manga where she is more overreactive and easily excited.
- Argubly Misao Kusakabe from Lucky Star.
- Lain from Serial Experiments Lain, but only on one side of the head.
- Tamaki Kawazoe from Bamboo Blade who is a kendo prodigy.
- Souseiseki from Rozen Maiden is sometimes drawn with these.
- Sara Werec from Soukou no Strain, a taciturn mecha pilot.
- Lind from Ah! My Goddess has one of these and is a Valkyrie, a member of the battle division of Heaven.
- Agnes from Zero no Tsukaima, who is captain of Tristain's Royal Musketeers.
- Medusa from Soul Eater.
- Forte Stollen from Galaxy Angel has one of these and has a very masculine personality.
- Rico from Gunslinger Girl though her sidetails are on the short side.