discussion, we thought it might be appropriate to expand and split Big Breasts, Big Deal
into more generalized tropes.
A character who is embarrassed by the attention or compliments their beauty gets them from other characters.
These characters get a lot of stares, and not for bad reasons; however, they'd prefer to remain unnoticed. These characters can become very flustered by being the focus of attention. Interestingly, this embarrasment will often be the greatest when the character who is giving them unwanted attention is a character they
are interested in romantically. "Please don't stare" is a common statement from this character.
While this trait is most often associated with young, innocent characters, it can also be due to shyness, modesty, inexperience, or a psychological condition such as High Functioning Autism
. Typical character tropes likely to experience this include Reluctant Fanservice Girl
, Shrinking Violet
, Troubled, but Cute
, and Yamato Nadeshiko
, but it might also happen to any attractive character. For example, an older woman who has not lost her youthful beauty
might be embarassed by discovering that she's now considered more attractive by some suitors than when she was younger
[[folder:Anime & Manga]]
- Mina gets constant male attention due to her very large breasts. Unfortunately she's very shy, so most of the attention tends to leave her paralyzed with embarrassment.
- Maki, despite being an extremely powerful fighter, gets flustered anytime she's the center of attention or complimented because of her supermodel looks.
- In an episode of Girls Bravo the main character, Yukinari, is forced to dress as a girl, in order to host a gaming tournament. He is terrified by all the male attention he's receiving, especially when the series Handsome Lech, Fukuyama, starts flirting with him.
- Mayu in Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun, a girl who fears men and happens to be a succubus who can't turn off her power to attract them.
- The title character from Maicchingu Machiko Sensei often finds herself embarrassed when male characters finds her attractive. Of course, since all male characters find her attractive and she often finds herself disrobed in some way, it makes sense for her to be a little apprehensive.
- Erstin Ho from Mai-Otome develops a fear of men due to the unwanted attention her large breasts bring her.
- Mirei Shizuoka from Umisho gets a lot of male attention due to her figure but is extremely shy and hates being the center of attention.
- Mikuru Asahina in The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.
- Mayu in Goshuushou-sama Ninomiya-kun, sounds like the same VA as Mikuru but this time she plays a Shrinking Violet who's also a very powerful Succubus with Power Incontinence
- Mina from Airmaster.
- Eiken's Chiharu Shinonome; the girl can't catch a break.
- Sakaki of Azumanga Daioh. The fact that Tomo constantly points it out, one time after a school physical examination, doesn't help. Osaka also comments on it in the manga.
- Mirei Shizuoka from Umisho. Oddly enough, she's a Covert Pervert as well.
- Yukari from Ai Kora starts out as this, but her friendship with Maeda leads her to become more accepting of her body.
- While Signum from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha is The Stoic Lady of War most of the time, putting attention on her breasts, such as the insult from her subordinate Vita or the compliment from her master Hayate in A's Sound Stage 1, is a quick and easy way to make her flustered.
- Anri Sonohara from Durarara!! is not quite comfortable with the fact that most boys identify her by her breast size.
- Bleach: Isane hates the idea of flaunting her body and has to be ordered by her captain to wear a skimpy swimsuit◊.
- Piper in The Lost Hero right after Aphrodite claims her as her daughter is given the goddess' blessing, instantly making her the most beautiful girl in camp, something she finds embarrassing to no end until it fades.
- Jane Austen's Mansfield Park: When Fanny Price's uncle Sir Thomas returns from his oversea business, he comments on Fanny's newly acquired good looks and finds her very pretty. Her cousin, only friend and mentor Edmund, who she has a crush on, repeats her his admiration, and Fanny feels embarrassed. She gained a bit of confidence later when the story progressed.
Edmund: You must really begin to harden yourself to the idea of being worth looking at. You must try not to mind growing up into a pretty woman.
Fanny:Oh! don't talk so, don't talk so!
- Lena from The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is embarrassed by her beauty which causes her to be shy, especially when it comes to love. She is tired of being called beautiful, so she wants her outfits to be drawing away from her.
- Naoto from Video Game/Persona4 has both male and female admirers due to her androgynous appearance. Despite her usual calm demeanor she does get embarrassed anytime she's complimented for her good looks. She manages to win her school beauty pageant despite not participating in the second round due to embarrassment.
- From The Tales Series:
- Mabinogi: Nao Mariota Pryderi is arguably the most well-endowed character in the game, and the only one subject to Jiggle Physics. She gets quite flustered when the subject is brought up; unlike Rua, below.
- Fumi in Devil Survivor 2 remarks in response to comments about her chest that she doesn't appreciate the staring.
[[folder:Web Original - Role Play]]
- Resident Psychopathic Manchild Melissa from The Doomy Adventures Of Irken Doominess, after becoming a baby became a adorable to everyone, although she becomes flustered and annoyed when referred to as cute.
- In an Cartoon Network bumper that (naturally) crosses-over the Justice League and the Powerpuff Girls, as the Bad Guys are being taken away, Wonder Woman tries to cheer up the Girls by saying that soon they will soon develop into strong heroines; when this happens, Bubbles says "Someday we'll be as developed as you!". All the characters start to giggle at the double entendre as Wonder Woman slowly slides her hands up to cover her upper body.