Created By: Faustus on July 15, 2009
We have the World of Ham, where every character is a Large Ham. But what about the World Of Badass? In the World Of Badass, every character is a Badass... even the girliest girly-girl will be a butt-kicking Action Girl, even the nerdiest of nerds will be a Badass Bookworm, far from dying first the black dude will be the guy you least want to fuck with, and you should probably just steer clear of gays altogether. Obviously, this is a dangerous place to be and will often overlap with Crapsack World not only because of said danger but also because the Crapsack World is a fertile breeding ground for the Black and Gray Morality required for true badassery. This can lead to Anti-Hero, Anti-Villain and Heel–Face Revolving Door characters popping up at frequent intervals. Other common character archetypes include the Cowboy Cop, Crazy Survivalist, The Determinator and Blood Knight. If the main protagonist of a World of Badass has a Love Interest, expect them to become (or, in some cases, start out as) a Battle Couple. If they have kids, it's best to avoid messing with said kids. The World of Badass will occasionally, due to the comparably high level of HSQ, overlap with the World of Ham. However, it's far more likely for this trope to be applied to Crapsack or Dystopian worlds. Examples: Anime And Manga Comic Books
- Sin City.
- Watchmen plays with this trope, featuring several badasses among its core of main characters... however, some are noticeably less badass than others.
- The Alien, Predator and Alien vs. Predator franchises are moving more and more toward this.
- So is the Terminator series.
- Anything Quentin Tarantino has ever done falls under this trope.
- The Matrix Trilogy.
- 300 is what happens when this trope collides with World of Ham, Or So I Heard.
- Kung Fu Hustle lives and breathes this trope. With the exception of The Axe Gang, EVERYONE's a kung-fu master.
- The Dark Tower.
- The Sword of Truth.
- David Eddings flirts with this trope from time to time.
- The Star Wars Expanded Universe can be this, Depending on the Writer.
- Pride and Prejudice and Zombies.
- Anything Joss Whedon has ever done.
- Except Dr. Horrible. Or So I Heard.
- Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles.
- Walker, Texas Ranger, especially in later seasons where the fights lasted longer.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable