Animeland YKTTW Discussion
The country of Japan, but portrayed as a world that works like what Anime taught us. In western works, it might serve as a parody of the Anime fandom in general, in Japanese works, it might be a jab at Occidental Otaku who seem to actually believe in this, or lampshaded to emphasize that [[ this particular work is more realistic than that. This Is Real Life]] The most common examples include:
- Magical Girls in Sailor Fuku
- Humongous Mecha
- Tokyo as the center of the universe
- Naughty Tentacles
- In Lucky Star, Patricia Martin has this worldview.
- Arcade Gamer Fubuki portrays Japan as Animeland.
- Durarara!!: You have the street gangs and the school life, some of the otaku culture too, and because its Urban Fantasy, while there aren't kaiju, it's Tokyo Is the Center of the Universe.
- In The Hangover, when a naked, angry asian man jumps out of the trunk of the car, Alan tries to calm him down by saying that he hates Godzilla too.
- In Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3, the Japanese fraction's military units included psychic Magical Girls in Sailor Fuku, and Humongous Mecha.
- Kappa Mikey
- The Simpsons, "Thirty Minutes over Tokyo:" an annoucement from the pilot as they're flying home.
Uh, folks, we're experiencing some moderate Godzilla-related turbulence at this time, so I'm going to go ahead and ask you to put your seatbelts back on. When we get to 35 thousand feet, he usually does let go, so from there on out, all we have to worry about is Mothra, and, uh, we do have reports he's tied up with Gamera and Rodan at the present time. Thank you very much.