With their long ears, twitchy noses, and rounded fluffy bodies, bunnies are often used in media to invoke feelings of sweetness, innocence, childishness and general cuteness. Real rabbits can be used for this, but so can stuffed rabbits or other types of toy rabbits or rabbit related accessories. Characters meant to be viewed as cute might have an rabbit related Animal Motif
When the associated between rabbits and cuteness is being subverted, see Hair-Raising Hare
. Compare to Playboy Bunny
See also Cute Kitten
, Precious Puppy
, Pandaing To The Audience
, and Ridiculously Cute Critter
[[folder:Anime and Manga]]
- Mahou Sensei Negima!
- Negi Springfield wears a bunny costume during a part of the festival arc. While he is wearing the outfit, his normally serious behavior is replaced childish enthusiasm, and other characters comment on how cute the outfit makes him.
- Nodoka sometimes wears a bunny backpack as a cute accessory to her adventuring outfit.
- Ouran High School Host Club uses a bunny motif for the "Boy Lolita" character Honey to help establish his identiy as the cute character of the Host Club. He frequently carries a stuffed rabbit called "Usa-chan", uses a "bunny kick" as one of his martial arts moves, and is himself sometimes compared to a rabbit. He also has bunny patterns on many of his belongings, and a bunny background pattern is sometimes used in the manga in panels that feature him.
- Pita-Ten has an angel named Misha who wears bunny shaped Hair Decorations which signify her childish and cute characterization.
- Vivio in the Lyrical Nanoha series has a bunny motif associated with her, fitting her bright and positive personality. In Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ViVid, even her Device is shaped like a bunny.
- Standoffish and cool Rukia has a soul candy dispenser with a cute bunny face on it.
- Lampshaded when Ichigo learns that Rukia was trying to get that one for him when she got Kon (who came in a duck-faced dispenser). He calls her on the cutesyness and, in a sort of nervous anger, she responds that she likes bunnies.
- In Nurarihyon No Mago, Kana Ienaga has pink bunny decorations on her bag.
- Doctor Steel flirted with adorkableness once; after visiting a music website who's anime-inspired animation seemed to consist of "Tiny Little Bunnies Eating Hamburgers", he wrote a song about it.
- In the video for Ladytron's Ghosts, many rabbits add cuteness to imagery that would otherwise be quite dark.
- Used for humorous effect in Doom in the episode "Thy Flesh Consumed": The tough-as-nails Space Marine has to go after the hellish demons that took his pet bunny. Unfortunately he comes too late and all he finds is the bunny's head on a spike.
- In the Touhou series, we have the Spin-Off Yonkoma manga Inaba of the Moon and Inaba of the Earth, which is filled with borderline Tastes Like Diabetes cute bunnies. This page is just one of the many examples.
- Inverted in C'est la Vie, where cynical and hard-to-love Frenchwoman Mona has meaningful conversations with her childhood stuffed rabbit Monsieur Smokey. M.Smokey is a louche and very French rabbit with a Serge Gainsborough attitude towards women, and a tendency to intrude on the personal space of the lady bunny toy belonging to Mona's flatmate Donna.
- Blade Bunny - The title character has bunny ears. Why? It makes her look cute. (And it does.) And her name is Bunny.
- The Noops of The Dreamstone are basically green anthropomorphic rabbits, and the almost sickly sweet residents of the Land Of Dreams.
- My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic: Fluttershy, to emphasize her shy cuteness, has a pet rabbit, although he doesn't always act cute and cuddly. She also mentions "cute bunnies" in one of her songs.
- Subverted (in a non-Hair-Raising Hare way) in the South Park episode "Pip" (parodying Great Expectations). Pip tries to prove to Estella that she is not an unfeeling monster, because an unfeeling monster wouldn't hurt a cute little bunny rabbit (which Pip pulls from Hammerspace).
ESTELLA: I told you, Pip. I have no heart.
PIP: But you do! And I shall prove it to you once and for all! Look at this adorable little bunny.
ESTELLA: Oh my. 'E's very cute.
PIP: You see that? A heartless person wouldn't care at all about this bunny. They'd just as soon break its neck. Estella breaks its neck ...Oh. But look at this bunny. There. You see that? You have too big a heart to kill two baby bunnies.Estella kills bunny #2...Right...
- Estella ends up killing 25 baby bunnies.