Created By: mr3urious on August 20, 2011
We all know bees can be horrible, centipedes terrifying, and flies just annoying. But cockroaches are perhaps the biggest household pest of them all. They crawl, they swarm, they eat leftover food, they stink, and they scatter when exposed to bright light. Roaches are also incredibly hardy -- some being able to survive without food for about a month -- and very adaptable to many environments, preferably those that are warm and moist. Often times this is exaggerated in fiction in that they are able to survive a nuclear war (though roaches can withstand radiation poisoning for a long period of time, they are not immune to its effects). They're also used as a symbol of filth and decay in fiction. This trope is dedicated to all things roachy (no, not that kind of roach, or that kind of roach).
- Men in Black features a giant roach alien who devours a human and uses his skin as a disguise. He also leaves swarms of roaches wherever he goes, and loves sugar (preferably in water).
- ER had a woman who had a small cockroach removed from her ear. she immediately freaks out and stomps on it.
- La Cucaracha stars an anthropomorphic roach named Cuco Rocha.
- Homestar Runner has Gavin, an ordinary cockroach who is sometimes seen in Strong Bad's room.
- Oggy and the Cockroaches is about three roaches named Dee Dee, Joey, and Markie who terrorize Oggy the cat, who wants nothing more to sit back, relax, and watch some TV.
- Roach Coach from The Powerpuff Girls, who controls a whole swarm of roaches.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.