Team Up Series YKTTW Discussion
|Team Up Series|
Series where two characters team up temporarily, usually one star and a bunch of guest-stars
Alice Girl is so cool. Wouldn't it be great if she and Bob Man would team up? Even better - next month it could be The Amazing Charlie, the month after that Dandevil, then Elf Edna, then Fin Fang Fred, then Gertrude the Great.... This is a Comic Book series built around the concept of two (sometimes more but usually just two) heroes teaming up - it usually has one main star which others team up with, but not always. Series where the main characters pretty much only team up with each other, like Superman/Batman and World's Finest (also a Superman/Batman team up) don't count. (Or do they? Thoughts?) Also not for regularly teaming groups like The Avengers, Justice League of America, etc. Possibly related to Guest Star Party Member. N.B. If there are examples outside of comics that's fine, but the only examples I have now are of comics.
- Marvel Team-Up: Spider-Man and someone else, almost every time: only of the 157 issues from Volume 1, only 11 didn't feature the wall-crawler as one of the team-ees.
- The later series Spider-Man Team-Up went and put him in the title, so he has to show up every issue.
- The most recent version of Marvel Team-Up didn't focus on Spider-Man; usually they were one-time teamups, although there was a Half-Arc Season through the series regarding new villain Titannus.
- Ultimate Spider-Man got his own team-up book, Ultimate Marvel Team-Up.
- Marvel Two-In-One: The Thing teams up with other heroes.
- Cable and Deadpool, For most of the issues, it's a Superman/Batman-esque teamup, but the last few issues follow the Spiderman/Random Marvel Hero formula, after Cable dies.
- Deadpool Team-Up
- DC Comics Presents: Superman and other heroes.
- Action Comics was a Superman team-up book for a while Post-Crisis after DC Comics Presents ended.
- The Brave and the Bold: Batman teams up with others. Batman: The Brave and the Bold was named after and gets its concept from this. The new comic book series doesn't focus on Batman.
- The relaunched version of Adventure Comics.
- Super Team Family from the Bronze Age.