A specific kind of Shoot 'em Up whose main controls involve using one joystick to move, and the other to simultaneously aim and shoot independently of the player's motion, usually in a top down environment. Additionally, buttons may be used to perform other abilities, most often a Smart Bomb, but one joystick to aim and another to shoot are what qualifies a shoot-em-up as this.
- Robotron 2084 is most likely the Ur-Example of this, inspired by how Eugene Jarvis wished to have the shooting action of Berzerk but with less restrictive controls.
- Robotron's spiritual successor Smash TV takes this trope to significantly more violent levels.
- Geometry Wars, in all its incarnations, is this.
- Resogun (which doesn't have a page currently) is an unusual example in that although it follows this trope's criteria, one can only shoot left and right as opposed to all directions.
- Super Stardust HD and its other incarnations use this control
- The game is this to a lesser extent, only allowing for shooting in the 4 cardinal directions, including bombs, usable main items, and a consumable sub-item.
- The item "Joystick" in the Antibirth mod turns the game into a proper twin stick shooter, allowing full 360 degree shooting.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.