Do We Have This One?
Sometimes a weapon is too heavy to swing around quickly, if swung at all. What better way to address this problem than making the weapon jet powered?
Sometimes, such a weapon will be used like a Jet Pack
or Not Quite Flight
. Rocket Punch
is a Sub-Trope
Anime and Manga
- In Battle Angel Alita, the Badass Normal Ido uses a rocket-powered two handed pick when fighting cyborgs.
- Franky from One Piece uses pressurized weapons, which are powered by Cola bottles in his chest. The Jet Dials from the same series also work on this principle.
- In the Gecko Ending of the Soul Eater anime, Lord Death's city turned Humongous Mecha's arms use this, as well as for support.
- More powerful forms of Vita's Graf Eisen (size-changing warhammer) in Lyrical Nanoha use mini-jets for propulsion to increase strike force. Also, in Nanoha StrikerS, Erio's Strada (spear) is upgraded with jets that he can use to fly for short distances.
- Digimon's Journey To The West set makes the rake used by Zhu Bajie's stand in jet powered.
- In Warhammer 40,000, a hammer like this (with all orkish subtlety, it is actually an anti-tank rocket strapped to a hammer handle) is a weapon option for a tankbusta boyz team leader.
- Kirby: King Dedede's hammer
- Anarchy Reigns: Big Bull uses a jet-powered axe.
- Persona 4 Arena: Labrys' axe, which doubles as her Jet Pack.
- Several of the high-end club sets in Pangya have oversized club heads with afterburners.
- In the recent Telltale Back to the Future game, Young Doc invents a rocket-powered drill.
- In Spiral Knights, completing the downloadable "Operation: Crimson Hammer" mission will reward you with one of three increasingly powerful rocket hammers depending on what difficulty you beat it on.
- Super Robot Wars Alpha: Baran Doban's Bemidoban has a rocket-powered ball and chain.