A character releases bottled, superhuman rage and literally blows up. The building they were in, as well as any buildings in a mile's radius, are leveled. Many die. But strangely, the originator of the explosion is usually unharmed. Very rarely can be a Suicide Attack, if it is done on purpose and kills the user. Might also rarely be Why Am I Ticking?, if the detonation trigger is specifically tied to the character's rage. I'll give Rolling Updates a shot for once. Needs A Picture.
- Dr. Manhattan in Watchmen.
- Mewtwo in the first Pokémon movie.
- Phoenix from the third X-Men movie might count.
- The Nostalgia Critic does one in his review of Quest for Camelot.
- Hades incinerates a forest in a flash fire after learning that Hercules is still alive in the Disney version.
- Lucille from Samurai Pizza Cats combines this with Macross Missile Massacre whenever she gets upset.
- The Star Brand wielder has this as one of their powers.
- Finale of season 1 of Heroes.
- Naruto, due to containing Sealed Evil In A Can - when he snaps, the explosion of power is only the first of the list of problems...
- Katie Ka-Boom in Animaniacs.
- Ryouga learns an ultimate technique powered by his depression in Ranma ˝.
- Dr. Cox in at least one of JD's Imagine Spots in Scrubs.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.