Sub-Trope of Wearing a Flag on Your Head, where the flag design is on a swimsuit, or at least a similar garment. So while the larger trope is using flags to create a distinctive style (costume or otherwise), this is also done for outright Fanservice. Some people consider this disrespectful to these flags (and Brazil actually bans their flag on swimsuits), while other people don't seem to mind, as shown by the popularity of this kind of suit. It often shows up in advertising, particularly if being worn by a Hood Ornament Hottie.
Examples (Rolling Updates):
- In the Midori no Hibi manga, foreign exchange student Lucy wears American flag underwear.
- A member of the American team in Yakitate!! Japan was wearing an American flag themed bikini while on the deserted island.
- Wonder Woman's standard costume.
- The two heroines of the film Dick make flag bikinis for themselves at the end.
- The Pretender has a scene that combines this with Going Fur a Swim.
- Candi Suxx from Grand Theft Auto: Vice City wears nothing more than a American flag themed bikini.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable