I am not sure this is even tropable
, but this is basically about stories that revel in the descriptions or depictions of Real Life
cities and landmarks that serve as their backdrops. The story doesn't have to be about
said landmarks but an unusual amount of historical and artistic detail is given about them, nonetheless.
- Dan Brown loves doing this:
- Angels and Demons is all about Rome's and, more specifically, Vatican's architecture and history.
- The Da Vinci Code is about Paris and London, from Louvre to the Westminster Abbey.
- The Lost Symbol is about Washington, DC.
- Inferno is about Florence and, to a lesser degree, about Venice and Istanbul.
- The Assassin's Creed series' original gimmick was that you were allowed to climb onto famous historical buildings of...
- Trinity Blood, especially the anime adaptation, loves detailing the architecture of the cities the story is set in, among others: Vatican, Rome, Budapest, Barcelona, Byzantium, and London.
Is This Tropable?
? Needs an Index