Will Need help on this one. Not very familiar with the term.
This one will replace the current The Cutie article per Crowner Decition
Jayne: Captain, can you stop her from bein' cheerful, please?
Mal: I don't believe there is a power in the 'verse that can stop Kaylee from being cheerful.
Sometimes you just -wanna duct tape her mouth and dump her in the hold for a month.
Kaylee: I love my captain.
The Cutie is a character that is known for being sweet and lovable, more comic relief than anything, who likes nothing more than to pet little puppies. They make you adore them, root for them and love them. They are known for being very idealistic, cute and innocent. Some of them even may act in a child like manner to emphasize their innocence with an upbeat and positive actitude. They also tend to be genuinely nice, loving caring and kind to whoever is with them.They tend to take the most peaceful solution to a conflict and hardly ever (if ever) harm others in any way. Their innocence and purity draws the sympathy of the audience for them. For this reason they tend to become The Woobie When something bad happens to them. Related to Break the Cutie, Kill the Cutie, Corrupt the Cutie and Moe ____
ExamplesAnime and Manga
- Azumanga Daioh's Chiyo Mihama is this in spades. So much so, that she seems to exist for the sole purpose of having everyone fawn over her. Not that we can blame them, since calling Chiyo "cute" amounts to calling the ocean big.
- Momo Hinamori from Bleach, sweet, innocent, trusting (to a fault). You can't help but feel for her when things go horribly wrong for her; particulary when she was betrayed by Aizen, who tried to kill her and later, during the FKT arc, he adds insult to injury by duping Hitsugaya into doing it for him.
- Kaylee from Firefly is by far the most cheerful and idealistic character on Serenity's crew. River was also this before her Break the Cutie ordeal, and had the show continued and not been Screwed by the Network, it's practically a given that Joss Whedon would have given Kaylee the works.
- Nanako from Persona 4. Admit it - you want a little sister just like her!
- Bioware tends to include one of these as a love interest-- Tali in Mass Effect, Leliana in Dragon Age, Merrill in Dragon Age 2
- Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie from My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic. A Shrinking Violet known for her kindness and a Genki Girl kniwn for being very cheerful and positive respectively
- Both also end up around Break the Cutie too.
- Beast Boy from Teen Titans is an (unconventional) Cutie, but decides to grow up in the fifth season.
- Harvey from Sabrina: The Animated Series is a rare male example.
- Dee Dee from Dexter's Laboratory.
- Bubbles from Powerpuff Girls.
- Ty Lee from Avatar: The Last Airbender.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.