- "Willkommen, bienvenue, welcome!Fremde, etranger, stranger.Gluklich zu sehen, je suis enchante,Happy to see you, bleibe, reste, stay.Willkommen, bienvenue, welcomeIm Cabaret, au Cabaret, to Cabaret""Wilkommen" -Cabaret
Examples: Theatre and Musicals
- In Annie, Mr. Warbucks' servants welcome Annie to her new home with song and dance, and she sings her reaction: "I Think I'm Going to Like It Here."
- "Welcome to the Theatre" from Applause, The Musical of All About Eve.
- "Wilkommen" is the opening song of Cabaret.
- In Oliver!! (based on Oliver Twist) the boys sing "Consider Yourself" (consider yourself, at home. Consider yourself, one of the family...)
- "Iowa Stubborn" from The Music Man, in which the inhabitants of River City sing about how they're all Jerkasses,
"But what the heck, you're welcome,Join us at the picnic.You can eat your fillOf all the food you bring yourself."
- Tommy has both "Tommy's Holiday Camp" and "Welcome".
- "We welcome you to Munchkin Land" song in The Wizard of Oz.
- "Be Our Guest" from Disney's Beauty and the Beast
- The Pebble and the Penguin has an unhappy example in "Welcome to the Good Ship Misery."
- "Welcome Home" by King Diamond is a song welcoming home the narrator's grandmother after a stay in Bedlam House.
- One of the songs in the Redwall novel Taggerung is a song about welcoming a son home. Here it is sung in the audiobook.
- In the episode "King Nogburt's Castle" of The Adventures of Teddy Ruxpin, the entire castle staff sings a song about how "the kingdom of King Nogburt officially welcomes you!"
- "This House Is Freakin' Sweet" from an episode of Family Guy: the Griffins inherit a mansion, all the mansion's staff sings a song welcoming to their new lifestyle. The song's a parody/Jimmy Hart Version of the welcoming song "I Think I'm Going to Like it Here" from Annie, mentioned above.
- In the My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic episode "A Friend in Deed", Pinkie Pie welcomes Cranky Doodle Donkey with her Welcome Song.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.