Do We Have This One
? Needsa Better Title
One way to emphasize More Dakka
, or at least how powerful a weapon, is showing all the bullet casings being ejected out of that gun.
Anime and Manga
- Rebuild Of Evangelion: Unit 01 fires an Eva-sized gatling gun at Shamshel, raining spend shells on the street below. One of the shells crushes a car when landing.
- In Victory Gundam there's a scene in which a civilian, caught in a battle between two mechs, is killed when a mecha-sized empty casing (coming with several others from a mecha-sized machine gun) falls on her head.
- The intro to Gun Grave features this in a couple of places.
- Shows up in Hellsing at times.
- Shows up in the first episode of Elfen Lied.
- Gorsky And Butch recreate the Matrix helicopter scene. Then it shows a street sweeper on the street below, cussing at the sight of the raining shells.
Live Action TV
- Hot Shots Part Deux had that scene where the hero became nearly buried in his spent shells. Played For Laughs, of course.
- The Matrix: when Neo saves Morpheus or any other time they use guns.
- Black Hawk Down: when a helo's minigun is being fired above a soldier on the ground. One (hot) shell actually falls down the soldier's shirt, burning him a bit. Which makes it a Deconstruction.
- Wanted: during Bullet Time at the end.
- Myth Busters: after blowing a fish barrel to hell with a minigun, there's a huge pile of spent shells.
- And that time they were trying to shoot an escape hole through a piece of flooring.
- The minigun on the Warthog in Halo.
- The Heavy's minigun(s) in Team Fortress 2 notably ejects shells out of a solid plane of the model.
- Ghost Hunter the Glock can be fired fast enough to cause an obvious fountain of shiny brass shells. Shows off the graphics, but the Glock is the emergency weapon, so it's not a display of More Dakka.
- The Vulcan cannon in the obscure freeware game SUAVE.
- Samurai Jack: in "Robo-Samurai vs Mondo Bot", Mondo Bot fires its Machine Guns at Robo-Samurai. Note that both are Humongous Mecha, meaning the spent cases are pretty large, causing damage as they fall to the ground and even damage a car.