The sex drive is a natural part of most human beings. Those who deny these urges or claim not to have them seem strange to others. And fiction is very good at making unusual people seem scary. Some works will have these people channel their urges into violence, making many serial killer characters fit this trope. Other works will portray these characters more sympathetically, making the character himself the biggest victim of his repression.
- Norman Bates from Psycho murders a female guest in the shower after seeing her naked.
- V for Vendetta: Adam Susan, a genocidal dictator who is in love with a supercomputer, is a virgin.
- In George Orwell's Nineteen Eighty-Four, the ruling Party creates the Junior Anti-Sex League hoping that repressed sexual urges will be channeled into zeal for the Party and hatred for its enemies. O'Brien claims that Party neurologists are working on a way to have reproduction without orgasm. Julia points out that if someone is sexually satisfied, they wouldn't care about the Party's plans and agendas.
- Frollo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame is driven insane with lust for the gypsy Esmeralda, eventually forcing her to either be with him or be burnt at the stake.
- Several Armored Closet Gay characters, who repress their sexual orientation and have sex with members of the opposite sex.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable