Deadly Disc YKTTW Discussion
Do We Have This One?? Needsa Better Description Disks, plates, saw blades, and even shields and manhole covers are effective weapons when thrown. This type of weapon is typically a Pinball Projectile or Precision-Guided Boomerang. See also Rings of Death, Improvised Weapon, and Improbable Use of a Weapon.
Examples:Anime and Manga
- If we count energy disks, Krillin's Destructo Disk from Dragon Ball Z which acts like a sawblade that cuts through anything.
- Eternal Sailor Moon does this with a pizza. Though it's technically a Shout-Out to her first attack, Moon Frisbee/Moon Tiara Action.
- Trash can lids has been used, by Steve Rogers IIRC (he was out of costume and had to improvise).
- Captain America's one-time sidekick Nomad used weighted throwing disks as weapons.
- The Marvel superhero Ricochet, who has the superability to throw discs and have them hit whatever he wants.
- There is a minor villain in the Marvel Universe called Discus. Guess what he hurls as weapons?
- Ozymandias uses his plate as one during the climactic fight of Watchmen.
- One of the New Universe characters had telekenetic control over one object and one object only... a hubcap.
- In Commando, Matrix kills two goons by throwing circular saw blades at them.
- Darkman II: "This guy says the 'Phantom of the Opera' threw a manhole cover like a frisbee."
- Records are used in Shaun of the Dead, to no real effect.
- CDs in 3 Ninjas, though mainly as a distraction.
- Superman II: the supervillainess Ursa throws a manhole cover at Superman and knocks him into a car.
- Marty does it in Back to the Future Part II (in Biff's office) and ''III'. In the latter, it's an instance of creating a Stable Time Loop again, as the insinuation is that it's the original Frisby pie plate that inspired the phenomenon that led to the Frisbee.
- Xena's Chakra.
- LEGO: the Throwbots/Slizer series featured robots that throw disks.
- BIONICLE, the successor of the before mentioned series and Roboriders, reuses the disk as weapons for Matoran. Later, Kanoka Disks were added, fired using a launcher.
- Depthcharge of Beast Wars fires energy disks with the Fan Nickname of "Energy Pizzas".
- Elasti Girl in The Incredibles uses a manhole cover to take out the robot's laser.