Do We Have This One?? Needsa Better Description Disks, plates, saw blades, and even shields and manhole covers are effective weapons when thrown. This type of weapon is typically a Pinball Projectile or Precision-Guided Boomerang. See also Rings of Death, Improvised Weapon, and Improbable Use of a Weapon.
Examples:Anime and Manga
- If we count energy disks, Krillin's Destructo Disk from Dragon Ball Z which acts like a sawblade that cuts through anything.
- Eternal Sailor Moon does this with a pizza. Though it's technically a Shout-Out to her first attack, Moon Frisbee/Moon Tiara Action.
- Trash can lids has been used, by Steve Rogers IIRC (he was out of costume and had to improvise).
- Captain America's one-time sidekick Nomad used weighted throwing disks as weapons.
- The Marvel superhero Ricochet, who has the superability to throw discs and have them hit whatever he wants.
- There is a minor villain in the Marvel Universe called Discus. Guess what he hurls as weapons?
- Ozymandias uses his plate as one during the climactic fight of Watchmen.
- One of the New Universe characters had telekenetic control over one object and one object only... a hubcap.
- In Commando, Matrix kills two goons by throwing circular saw blades at them.
- Darkman II: "This guy says the 'Phantom of the Opera' threw a manhole cover like a frisbee."
- Records are used in Shaun of the Dead, to no real effect.
- CDs in 3 Ninjas, though mainly as a distraction.
- Superman II: the supervillainess Ursa throws a manhole cover at Superman and knocks him into a car.
- Marty does it in Back to the Future Part II (in Biff's office) and ''III'. In the latter, it's an instance of creating a Stable Time Loop again, as the insinuation is that it's the original Frisby pie plate that inspired the phenomenon that led to the Frisbee.
- Xena's Chakra.
- LEGO: the Throwbots/Slizer series featured robots that throw disks.
- BIONICLE, the successor of the before mentioned series and Roboriders, reuses the disk as weapons for Matoran. Later, Kanoka Disks were added, fired using a launcher.
- Depthcharge of Beast Wars fires energy disks with the Fan Nickname of "Energy Pizzas".
- Elasti Girl in The Incredibles uses a manhole cover to take out the robot's laser.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.