In forced cosplay, the cosplayer uses force or coercion to make the victim wear a particular set of clothing. Forced cosplay is also known as cosrape, though that term may be too ambiguous for use here. Compare Dragged into Drag
. Contrast with Instant Cosplay Surprise
, where the clothing swap is achieved through stealth, supernatural speed, or complete transformation of the victim's clothing.
[[folder:Anime and Manga]]
- In Fruits Basket Yuki is forced to wear a dress during a school festival. He was supposedly coerced by the girls from last year as a "last memory from high school". For the rest of the festival Hilarity Ensues and Yuki is NOT happy.
- K-On features this happening to Mio at times.
- The Lucky Star OVA dream sequence has Konata doing this to Kagami via magic in a dream the latter is having.
- In the Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Sound Stages Hayate uses her ability to magically command the Wolkenwritter to make them dress up for her.
- The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya features the epynomous Haruhi doing this to Mikuru repeatedly. Played for laughs, despite the fact that it's blatant abuse.
- In Shinryaku Ika Musume, the obsessive fangirl Sanae invites Squid Girl over to her house and forces Squid Girl to cosplay in numerous outfits while photographing all of them. One picture was of her wearing a Miko outfit, Ocular Gushers streaming down her face with a "please stop this embarrassment" look on her face.
- In Genshiken, Ohno is constantly trying to force Saki into cosplaying. She does it a few times.
- In the story mode of the first Blaz Blue, Litchi does this to Noel in her gag reel line. In the sequal, she does this to Tsubaki in her gag reel ending.
[[folder:Live Action TV]]
- CSI NY had an ep where recurring serial killer Shane Casey forced CSI Sheldon Hawkes to swap his prison garb for Hawkes' suit so Casey could escape. Hawkes was called in on a death at the prison and a riot broke out,during which it happened.
- In Chibi Mikusan, Meiko loves doing this to other characters.