Created By: TorchicBlaziken on September 16, 2010 Last Edited By: CyberTiger88 on September 16, 2010
This is the villainous counterpart to Heroic Mime; while the hero's silence makes him open to interpretation, the Silent Antagonist's silence makes him a sort of Enigmatic Minion. A Subtrope of The Voiceless. The Supertrope of Enemy Mime. Sister Trope to Enigmatic Minion.
- The Mysterious Woman from Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow.
- The creepy thin guy from the first Charlie's Angels movie. (If I remember correctly, he originally had lines in the script, but they decided he'd be more villainous if he was The Voiceless.)
- Jaws from the James Bond film The Spy Who Loved Me. He also counts for most of Moonraker but it's finally subverted when he gets one line near the end of the film.
- Karl Ruprect Kroenen from the film version of Hellboy.
- MOTHER 3: The Masked Man does not talk at all...until Claus unmasks himself.
- The Dark Knights in Record Of Agarest War never speak.
- Lavos from Chrono Trigger doesn't speak, save for the occasional screech.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.