MissingMom Missing Mom YKTTW Discussion
Do We Have This One?? I did some searching but nothing came up that seems to fit. Mom is missing. We may or may not know what happened to her, but Dad seems to have raised this son or daughter [or multiple children] on his own. And mom's absence is either ignored altogether, or her absence is a significant factor in the life of the remaining family. Happens most frequently in animated series, but other media are not immune. Examples:
- Psych: Shawn Spencer's mother is absent, but we find out from a
- Starman [the TV series]: We know Jenny Hayden freaked out shortly after
- The Courtship Of Eddies Father: Eddie's mother died, hence the reason for the
- Family Affair: another dead mother, I believe.
- Diff'rentStrokes: another dead mother, I believe.
- The Little Mermaid: No mother for Ariel. No mention of what became of her.
- Cinderella: Mother is dead, hence the stepmother.
- Beauty and the Beast: I don't recall if there was any mention of what
- Aladdin: Nor do I recall if there was any mention of what happened to
- Enchanted: Morgan's mother left. We had the explanation, and it was significant.
- Avatar: The Last Airbender: Subverted, in that Katara's mother was killed by
- The crippled faux Airbender also lost his mother, leaving his
- Rocket Power: The first Mrs. Raymundo Rocket is dead.
- Rugrats: Chuckie's birth mother is ...you know, I'm not sure if she's
- Legend Of The Dragon: Averted, in that Ang and Ling find out the mother they
- Jackie Chan Adventures: Jade is raised by Jackie and Uncle. We know there
- Oban Star-Racers: Eva is abandoned to boarding school by the death of her
- Cowboy Bebop: Radical Edward/Francoise has a father, but no mother. And