Created By: PapercutChainsaw on January 18, 2011 Last Edited By: PapercutChainsaw on January 31, 2011
This is a Stock Phrase said by a character upon discovering an important new piece of information about another. There may have been an actual buildup of the first character's suspicions, or it may be a case of hindsight being 20/20. Common variants are "I knew there was something fishy/odd about you" or "I knew there was something about you that I liked/didn't like". When the fandom says this about a character, it's I Knew It. Needs Examples, Rolling Updates.
- In Toy Story 2, the toys are trying to find out who took Woody when Buzz recognizes the thief as Al of Al's Toy Barn, who appears in his commericals as "The Chicken Man", which the other toys dislike. Hamm says "I knew there was something I didn't like about that chicken."
- In Reservoir Dogs, during the final standoff, Joe tells everyone that Mr. Orange was the one guy that he wasn't 100% on.
Sergeant James Doakes: [about Dexter using drugs] I knew there was something wrong with you. The secrets, the sneaking around... Now it all makes sense. A lot of cops have been where you are. The booze, the drugs... makes the job go down easier. Stay clean and stay out of my way, we won't have a problem.
- Wizards of Waverly Place:
Alex Russo: I knew there was something I liked about you, but this... this is genius. You are my new role model.Stevie: Please, Alex. I'm sure this is something you would have eventually come up with yourself.Alex Russo: Yeah, now that's true. I take it back; I'm my own role model again.
Vezon: Who are you, and why are you here?Mazeka: I'm here to kill you!Vezon:Oh. I knew there was something about you that I liked.
- When Max Payne busts down the door to face Vinnie Gognitti, Gognitti tells him "I knew from day one there was something screwy about you!"
- In the sequel to Disney's The Little Mermaid, Ariel's daughter tells her new fish friends that she's really a human. One of them responds with: "I knew there was something un-fishy about you!"
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.