Created By: Frodo Goofball CoTV on August 2, 2009
Launched as Endangered Species Surely we have this already! Related to Only You Can Repopulate My Race, Last of His Kind. Basically Resuscitate The Dog on a species - wide scale. Required Trope Elements:
- The endangered species, A, must be a type of object, creture, etc., for which there is an apparent distinct possibility they will all soon be gone.
- A group of creatures, B, who may be the audience rather than a character in the story, place a significant value on A's continuing to exist, for no other reason than that the world would be less without them.
- In the past B's either placed little value on the existance of an A or else hated or feared them.
- An Inferred Holocaust may have occurred, followed by a My God, What Have I Done? moment.
- The previously detested Small Annoying Creature or Monster of the Week becomes Draco in Leather Pants, The Woobie, etc. in the view of B's.
- A's are not ExplosiveBreeders so increasing their population is not a trivial task.
- Real Life, obviously.
- In Rosario + Vampire, Moka and Kurumu view Witches this way, and so they ask Tsukune not to go to hard on Yukari. It's later implied that this is also true for many if not most monstrous species, including Moka's, Kurumu's, and Mizore's.
- In one of the Tremors sequels, some humans want to keep at least one Graboid alive.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.