The theme song ends, or the cold open starts, or we return from a commercial break, or we simply change scenes. What do we see but a close-up of a character's eye? This is an Eye Open, a device sometimes used to show that a character is waking up. Of course, sometimes it's just used to show off an actor's good-looking eyes.
- Canaan: Canaan.
- Shows up a lot in Evangelion.
- Fate / Stay Night: Saber.
- The movie Ĉon Flux opens with the title character's eye catching a fly.
- Next does this with Nicholas Cage's eye twice, once before and once after his character's long vision of a possible future.
- Lost. Quite a lot, in fact.
- The finale ends with Jack closing his eyes in a reversal of the pilot's first scene.
- A first-season episode of the original Twilight Zone whose name escapes me does this.
- The 2009 pilot of V does a backwards one: instead of opening on Erica's eye and zooming out, we open on Erica and zoom in to her eye.
- Half-Life 2 opens on the G-man's eye.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.