Characters from one show take a vacation... and run into characters from another show.
Needs Examples, Rolling Updates, Do We Have This One?? So, you have two shows that you really want to Crossover, but there's a problem - they live half-way around the world from each-other. What to do? A common solution is for the characters of one work to visit the city where another work is set for some leisure time (for example, vacation, concert, sporting event, movie premiere), and just happen to run into each other. See also In the Past, Everyone Will Be Famous for when time-traveling vacationists just happen to run into historical figures. Related to Lawyer-Friendly Cameo.
- In Flash Vol 2 #107, part of the Underworld Unleashed crossover, Wally and Linda are visiting Solar City, as is Billy Batson.
- Teased in Marvel and DC Comics from The '70s. Every year characters from both companies would "just happen" to be in Vermont in time for the Rutland Halloween Parade. Marvel Comics have background characters dressed up as DC Comics heroes and vice-versa; and both sets interact with Real Life parade organizer Tom Fagan.
- In the Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers/TaleSpin fanfic Too Huge To Be True, the Rangers vacation to Cape Suzette - where they get involved in a cargo job, and later, a treasure hunt with Higher for Hire.
- Rugrats Go Wild! had the Rugrats meeting The Wild Thornberrys because the Rugrats characters were vacationing on a boat, and got stranded where the Thornberrys were filming their latest nature documentary.
- The DCLAU loves this.
- The Wizards On Deck With Hannah Montana has Justin and Alex from Wizards win a competition to board the ship from On Deck, while Hannah Montana also boards it on her way to a concert in Honolulu.
- The Good Luck Charlie episode "Charlie Shakes It Up" has Charlie, Teddy and Amy visit their great aunt in Chicago, only to be taken to the Shake It Up studio when they are mistaken for a dance duo.
- Austin & Jessie & Ally has Jessie on the way to the New York Ball Drop when she runs into Austin and Ally stuck in traffic, who are set to perform there themselves.
- In the I'm in the Band episode "Weasles On Deck", the Weasles go vacationing on the Tipton cruise ship and end up running into Zack and Cody.
- This isn't limited to just their English-language shows. In the Peter Punk episode "El Duel (Con Zeke y Luther)", Zeke and Luther travel to Argentina on vacation, and subsequently draw the attention of Peter's love interest Evelyn. Jealous, Peter challenges them to a skateboard duel, despite not knowing how to skate.
- In a crossover night special on ABC, characters from Roseanne, The Drew Carey Show, Coach and Grace Under Fire run into each other in Las Vegas, where they're all on vacation.
- The Ricardos rent out their Connecticut house for two months to Danny Thomas and his New York Make Room For Daddy family in the Lucy Desi Comedy Hour episode "Lucy Makes Room for Danny", as Rick is filming a movie in Hollywood. Unfortunately, the job falls through at the last minute and the two families are forced to live together.
- Averted, to the dismay of some fans, when the cast of Veep made a diplomatic trip to London. They didn't meet any of the cast of The Thick of It (the show of which Veep is an American adaptation from the same writers), but they did meet several supporting characters played by The Thick of It actors.
- At one point, the main cast of Persona 4 go on a school trip....to Tatsumi Port Island.
- In ClayFighter 63 1/3 and the sequel Sculptor's Cut, this is the main reason why Earthworm Jim and Boogerman appear as Guest Fighters: after their respective adventures in their origin games, both superheroes go to vacation at the same place: Klaymodo Island. It is stated that both are The Rival of each other, but anyway they go together to stop Dr. Kiln with the other ClayFighters.
- Both the Recess and The Proud Family crossovers with Lilo & Stitch: The Series has the main characters of the former two series going on vacation in Hawaii.
- The Simpsons
- Spoofed in their "Spin-Off Showcase" episode. One of the spin-offs had Chief Wiggum and Principal Skinner fighting crime in New Orleans, and in one scene run into the Simpsons on vacation.
- In an episode, Springfield holds a Film Festival and invites Jay Sherman of The Critic to be special guest judge.
- Family Guy: In "The Simpsons Guy" the Griffins are on the run from an angry mob. They stop to get gas but their car is stolen so they start walking and discover they're just outside Springfield, home of the Simpsons.
- In the pilot for DuckTales (2017), Dewey attempts to hotwire their houseboat so the triplets can sail it to Cape Suzette, which is the setting of TaleSpin. Donald catches the three before they're able to do so, however.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.