Mass Resurrection YKTTW Discussion
A character is able to bring a large group back from the dead.
You have a large number of characters whom have been killed and you need to bring them back to life for some reason or another. Then this trope is for you! Maybe you can ask a powerful healer, pray to a God, or maybe the defeat of the Big Bad spawn a World-Healing Wave which brought everyone he killed back. Remember, this is a full Resurrection. If you are looking at bringing back a whole bunch of zombies then Nightofthe Living Mooks is for you. Or if you need help from some allies, but don't have a this trope at hand, then an Armyofthe Dead may be just what you needed.
ExamplesAnime and Manga
- In Naruto, it seems this is one of the abilities of a person who possesses the Rinnegan as long as they have enough Chakra to do so.
- In Dragon Ball Z, the Earth Dragon can revive a virtually limitless number of people at one time, with some restrictions. At one point, it is used to revive everyone killed by Frieza in the past year, or on his orders, which effects a staggering number of people, including most of the population of the planet Namek.
- In the Marvel Universe Secret Wars II series the Beyonder killed and later resurrected the New Mutants.
- In the Marvel Comics Crisis Crossover The Infinity Gauntlet approximately half of the universe is killed, but they're resurrected by the end of the series.
- In the MLP:FIM/World of Warcraft crossover World of Ponycraft Princess Celestia resurrects almost all of Ponyville at once after Neltharion razes it.
- In The Sorcerer's Apprentice, this is Morgana's final goal: to resurrect a legion of Sorcerers for world domination.
- In the Star Shards Trilogy, the main characters discover they can combine their powers to raise the dead. Once they figure this out, they go to Germany and resurrect the victims of the Holocaust.
- In Riverworld, the entire human race is brought back in the titular world after a cataclysm.
- According to The Bible, God will do this on the Last Day to everyone who had ever lived, just before the Judgement.
- Dungeons & Dragons
- Module T1-4 Temple Of Elemental Evil. If the deity St. Cuthbert is summoned, he will Raise all slain PCs from the dead with a gesture.
- In early editions of the game, the Wish spell was able to resurrect a group of characters.
- In Pathfinder, one monk variant has the ability to do this for all of their fallen allies in exchange for completly wiping themselves out of existence (subverting Death Is a Slap on the Wrist), making them not just Deader Than Dead, but an Un-Person to the point where even their name disappears from where it was written down.
- World of Warcraft
- This ability is a guild perk.
- Also used by Terenas Menethil II on the raid after his son, Arthas aka the Lich King, kills the players.
- In Warcraft 3, the Paladin's ultimate ability resurrects up to six of your own dead units at full health (if their corpses are still around, that is.)
- High Inquisitor Whitemane, the final boss in the updated Scarlet Monastery, uses an interruptible version of this.
- The Necron Lord in Dawn of War can bring back a large number of Necron infantry in an area around him, using an ability 'called' Mass Resurrection.
- In the end of Planescape: Torment, the Nameless One can manage to resurrect his entire party who have all suffered a Plotline Death in the final dungeon if certain pre-conditions are met.