ToiletPaperPrank Toilet Paper Prank YKTTW Discussion
|Toilet Paper Prank|
A person being immature covers a tree or other structure in toilet paper as a prank.
It's childish. It's wasteful. Yet it happens anyway. Every so often someone will wrap a tree or other structure in toilet paper. This tends to happen most often around Halloween, but that's no guarantee some mischievous prankster won't pull it some other time of year. This trope is most often done by children, although it could be pulled by a Man Child as well. In any case, it's associated with immaturity. This is a Practical Joke trope. Compare There Will Be Toilet Paper and Toilet Paper Trail.
- A TV commercial shows a woman inspecting some TP'd trees. She is absolutely elated by how soft the paper is. Two boys, apparently the perpetrators, are hiding behind some other trees; the woman asks one of them what brand of TP his mother buys, and he answers, "Cottonelle Ultra Comfort". The last scene has her excitedly taking armfuls of the paper home.
- In the Back to the Future fanfic True Hero, Needles does this to Doc's house every year. He presumably gets away with it because of Doc's bad reputation.
- Near the beginning of Donnie Darko, Donnie's mother asks him if he toilet-papered a neighbour's house the night before, and he angrily exclaims that he'd stopped doing that in the sixth grade.
- In the Babymouse Halloween story, Babymouse gets peer-pressured into covering a neighbor's tree in toilet paper by the popular girls. She's the only one who gets caught.
- In one episode of Cougar Town, Jules yells at some skateboarders, and the next day she finds her car TP'ed to look like a shark. To get even, she goes to what she thinks is the skater's house and TP's it. The house was actually one of the homes Jules was selling. It was all a ruse to get a romantic proposal from Grayson.
- In one episode of Hannah Montana, Miley's father mentions that the house is going to be papered because all the candy was eaten and he has no "treats" to stop the "tricks."
- In one Halloween Episode of The Middle, Frankie leaves her elderly aunts to hand out candy while she and the family go out. The aunts forget to hand candy, and when Frankie returns, the whole house is covered in toilet paper.
- In a Halloween episode of Step by Step, the nerdy Mark gets caught doing this by a police officer and brought home to his parents to face the music. When he comments he'd rather go to jail, the officer replies that's exactly why they bring the kids home instead.
- "Weird Al" Yankovic has this part of "Young, Dumb, and Ugly":
We were born to be bad. You'd better not make us mad.Or we just might toilet paper your lawn
- The Smashing Pumpkins: Just after the party in the "1979" video, the kids throw toilet paper at a tree. At one point, we see a close up of one of the flying rolls.
- Calvin and Hobbes: Calvin remarks on his dad's enjoyment of Halloween. It turns out he likes to "sit in the bushes with the hose and drench potential tp'ers."
- In an episode of The Fairly Oddparents, when Adam West (as his superhero alter-ego Catman) wishes to be a kid again, he decides to skip school and T.P. Mr. Crocker's house. He mentions that he doesn't mind wasting paper because he uses a litter box.
- Gravity Falls: After Grunkle Stan fails to scare two jaded kids on "Summerween", they toilet-paper the Mystery Shack and then go inside to look for candy.
- An episode of Rocket Power had the gang TP a property on Mischief Night. They're forced to wear matching pumpkin Halloween costumes in public the next day as Cool and Unusual Punishment for it.
- One episode of South Park was all about this. In typical fashion, it was treated as Serious Business.
- In Super Best Friends Forever, Supergirl wants to use Wonder Woman's invisible jet to TP Lex Luthor's mansion.