Paper People YKTTW Discussion
This is when a character is paper-thin, as if they were a paper cutout. This can also apply to normally 3-dimensional characters who have been flattened as a result of, say, a 300-pound weight being dropped on them. Not ot be confused with Flat Character. Needs a Better Description. Up for Grabs
- The book Flat Stanley, pictured above, is about a boy who is flattened by a falling bulletin board.
- PaRappa the Rapper: Literally everyone in the series fits this trope.
- Paper Mario, where everyone is literally a paper cutout.
- Calvin once imagined he had become two-dimensional, allowing him to escape notice by turning sideways.
- Kate Moss was portrayed this way on Family Guy.
- In Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, the character Duchess appears like this whenever she turns around, though this might be because it would be too difficult to do a proper turnaround of her.
- Sam & Max undergo this at one point, in order to get under a locked door to obtain a Super Mario Bros styled coin.
- Max: Lose weight AND make money? Where do I sign up?
- Sam: I dropped a whole dimension and I've never felt better!
- The book Flatland has an entire paper-thin WORLD.
- Real Life example: Flatworms