I'm not cloning Hitler! Get out of here!
-- Rusty Venture, "The Venture Brothers"
Nazis have an obsession with their leader Adolf Hitler
and now that he's gone they just can't seem to do anything without him. The solution? Simple! Clone him!
One of the most recurring plot elements when Nazis are involved. Neo-Nazis out to rebuild the Aryan Nation need their leader to tell them what to do, or maybe Hitler's underlings in the Thule Society believe that they can call the mustachioed villain from the Great Beyond but they need a body to hold his spirit. Lo and behold they just happen to have some of his DNA lingering in some forgotten drawer and they're off to clone Hitler.
Related to Stupid Zombie Hitler
and Toothbrush Moustache Of The Apocalypse
. Hitler as a Brain in a Jar
is a common subtrope, as is Stupid Jetpack Hitler
. See also Archived Army
- One of these shows up in the Spriggan manga. He was very unhappy.
- In the dub of Shin-chan there is a character named... you guessed it, Dr. Hitler Clone.
- Superman: At Earth's End has Superman fighting two clones of Hitler that are declared by him to be the root of all Earth's misfortune.
- The Marvel Universe villain Hatemonger is a Hitler clone. At least one of them.
- This is the whole point of the novel The Boys from Brazil by Ira Levin, which was made into a rather good movie starring Gregory Peck (as Josef Mengele of all people) and Laurence Olivier.
- In The Goodness Gene, the protagonist discovers that he's a Hitler clone.
- The original Japanese version of Bionic Commando had cloned Hitler as the final boss.
- In the first episode of season four of The Venture Bros. a group of Nazis commissions Rusty to clone Hitler from a dog.