In this day and age, it's often assumed that anyone who waits until marriage to have sex is either very religious, very conservative, or very prudish. Or all of the above. Related tropes include Good People Have Good Sex
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall has a Christian couple on their honeymoon, and they are shown to be very inexperienced and clueless when it comes to sex, questioning why God would "put a playground next to a sewer".
- Conservative and uptight Jack Byrnes in Meet the Parents expresses disapproval that his daughter and Greg have probably had premarital sex and warns Greg to "keep his snake in its cage for 72 hours".
- Greg Marmalard in Animal House is an uptight snob who is not only against premarital sex, but can't even get it up for a handjob.
- Walk Hard has Darlene, an innocent choir girl who openly lusts for Dewey, but refuses to sleep with someone who isn't her husband. Their solution? Elope even though Dewey is already married.
- Tim Tebow, an openly devout Christian, is famous for his commitment to remaining a virgin until marriage.