Dwarves (not those kind, the real kind)
in fiction are fairly uncommon. When they do show up, they tend to be either comic relief or playing a fantasy creature. But then, there's these guys.
The Depraved Dwarf is a pint-sized bucket of malice. He (and it's pretty much always a he)
is either a sadistic psychopath, a twisted rapist, or at the very least a violent, cold-blooded criminal.
They tend to show up when the hero has been rendered helpless. Often, expect giggling.
Anime and Manga
- Griffith from Berserk spends a whole year in the tender care of one.
- "The Baby" from Monster, both the Manga and Anime.
- Wonder Woman villain Dr. Psycho (pictured above).
- Some incarnations of the Mad Hatter. Gail Simone writes an especially creepy one.
- Gizmo of the Fearsome Five.
- The Dummy combines this with Creepy Doll by pretending to be a ventriloquist dummy.
- Fables revealed (or at least heavily implied) that the eponymous seven dwarves did bad bad things to Snow White during their time together, which is why she murdered them all.
- Big Figure from Watchmen.
- Mini-me from Austin Powers is a lighter example. He's not that depraved, but he does try to eat a live cat at one point.
- Subverted in Foul Play; "The Dwarf" that Gloria is warned about isn't really a dwarf. This, of course, leads to confusion, and when she meets an actual dwarf, she goes nuts and throws him out of her apartment, seriously injuring him, only to find out he's really a bible salesman.
- The Leprechaun from the Leprechaun series of movies.
- Death at a Funeral has the dwarf who blackmails the family with compromising pictures of him and the family patriach engaged in questionable acts.
- In the book Obsidian Butterfly, part of the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter series, there is Nicky Bako, a pretty infamous necromancer who is the witch for the outlaw biker gang and werewolf pack in the area, Los Lobos. He is not a nice person.
- This is what everyone thinks Tyrion is, despite his being one of the only characters that's basically good. But he may have had a Start Of Darkness because of his ill treatment.
- There's one in The Cape, though it's probably debatable how demented he is.
- Hornswaggle from the WWE universe.