Per this discussion
. We're trying to see if the pride section of Big Breasts, Big Deal
can stand on its own as a page.
A character has large breasts and is proud them. Large breasts are considered attractive in a lot of cultures so in fiction it's not uncommon for a character to enjoy the advantages or at least feel they should be advantaged because of their large breasts.
Characters like these are prone to parading their "assets" in the presence of male company, sometimes with a little extra bounce in their step
, and may often brag about them, unknowingly in front of less fortunate, usually younger and self-conscious
female characters. Likely to view their "development" as a way to get what they want
, they are proud of their physical attractivenesss. Also unlikely to openly tease distracted young men for staring too long
, as it makes them feel hot.
Contrast to Petite Pride
and A-Cup Angst
[[folder:Anime and Manga]]
- Ichiko Sakura from Binbo Gami Ga views her F-cup breasts as another benefit of her abnormally high luck. She even views it an a compliment whenever people try to make fun of her large breasts.
- Rangiku Matsumoto from Bleach is pretty much shameless in this regard. While she does flaunt them, she's not vain or really arrogant on the matter, and rarely does she use them for seduction purposes. But then she fits to a T when it comes to Nanao. She constantly brags about the size of her breasts to the more average sized, but cute nerdy girl.
- Kanako Oomori from Cage of Eden views her large breasts as her only redeemable feature since she feels she's too clumsy to be of use to anyone.
- Fuji-Sensei from Chitose Get You!! tells Chitose that she can't be treated as an adult because she doesn't have large breasts all the while bouncing her own breasts to brag.
- Eiken's Kirika Misono just loves using them to embarrass (and "attempt to seduce") Butt Monkey protagonist Densuke... both clothed and in nude.
- Siesta from The Familiar of Zero becomes very boastful about her large breasts due to her love interest Saito preference for large breasts and her rival Louise being flat chested. She frequently brags about her large breasts to Louise and her favorite seduction technique is to let, and in some cases force Saito to touch her breasts.
- Carul Mendosa (or Carmen99) in GUN×SWORD is very proud of her chest. The 99 in her name refers to her measurements.
- In Neon Genesis Evangelion the first image the audience and Shinji see of Misato is a photo she sent to Shinji of her bent over showing off her cleavage and an arrow pointing to her cleavage with the caption "Pay attention!!"
- In Hayate the Combat Butler, when Hayate mentions that he's noticed Athena's growth after their meeting and battling after ten years, Athena questions what part he noticed, and makes sure that he answers correctly.
- Miki from Hell Teacher Nube loves her large chest, tries to flaunt them whenever she can, and brags about them to her flat-chested rival Kyouko.
- In an episode of Inukami! Yoko is distressed over Keita's infatuation with the seemingly perfect Nadeshiko who moves in with them. Her worries momentarily vanish and she becomes boastful when it seems that Nadeshiko doesn't have large breasts like her but after forcing her to show her breasts she finds out not only does Nadeshiko have large breasts but they're also larger than hers.
- Kanokon's Chizuru frequently uses her large chest to seduce her love interest Kôta. In an episode she gets really down when a curse temporary removes her assets.
- Yuriko in Kotoura-san; mainly demonstrated in the Beach Episode, in which her persistent self-Gainaxing completely fails to impress Daichi.
- A lot of female characters from Manyu Hikencho, unsurprisingly since it takes place in an alternate feudal Japan (specifically set in an alternate Edo era), breasts mean everything. A lot of women, more spefically noblewomen like to flaunt there breasts or walk around with an air of superiority
- At least during the early part of the Rosario + Vampire manga, Kurumu was very proud of her... talents... and regularly taunted a smaller girl about it.
- Bloodberry from Saber Marionette J who's the bustiest of the main character's, Otaru, trio of robot girls, likes to use her assets to flirt with him constantly and teases Cherry for her lack of endowment.
- Charlotte E. Yeager or Shirley from Strike Witches seem to have no qualms about showing off her breasts and allowing her comrades to grope and fondle them. She even declares her rack is better when another big breasted Witch shows up.
- Double Subverted in a episode of UFO Princess Valkyrie where Hydra jokingly tells Valkyrie to make Akina's breast bigger, and Valkyrie does. At first Akina's looks like she's going to hurt Valkyrie but thanks her instead. Her breast go back to their small size and she gets angry when Hydra jokes about it.
[[folder:Film -- Live Action]]
- Rhiannon from Easy A gets excited with Olive lists one of her personal identifiers as "Big Tits"
- Beli from The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao becomes extremely well-endowed when she hits puberty. She's initially ashamed about her breasts, but soon begins flaunting them when she realizes that they make men fall all over her.
- The title character of The Savannah Reid Mysteries is Fat and Proud, and on the few occasions she is insecure about her weight, she claims that being large has also given her a big chest, which makes her more attractive to some than being skinny would.
- In an episode of Braceface Sharon gets a pump bra to give her more prominent breasts and enjoys all the attention she gets and that more people are treat her like an adult. Her best friend tells her that it has nothing to due with the bra it's just that she's acting more confident but Sharon is insistent that it's because of the bra. Unfortunately, the bra would end up being a source of embarrassment when it malfunctions during a party, expands way too much, and makes her a laughingstock.