It's common to see a hooded figure with their face completely obscured... except... except for their eyes. Their eyes glow with an unearthly light. They're often the only thing you can see of their face. There are two ways to go about this, the cute way and the creepy way. The cute way is where the creature itself isn't very (apparently) threatening, and this can kind of make the character reflect that while still fitting with the "darkness" theme of the character. Expect to see these on an Adorable Evil Minion. The creepy way is where the character is genuinely disturbing. Expect the color red, and an angry expression in these eyes. This is often the realm of Grim Reapers and the similar. The characters with these ones are often tall and gaunt. Compare Glowing Eyelights of Undeath, where these eyes are inside the eye sockets of a skull. See also Black Bead Eyes, By the Lights of Their Eyes.
- The Jawas in Star Wars are the cute version. They're little dwarf things that run around in cloaks and have squeaky voices.
- Played With in The Seventh Tower. There is this monster that lives in a cave, appears to be a big hulking thing with glowing eyes... but then you realize that is getting ready to strike, and those red things are its glowing tonsils.
- Professor Codex in Bookworm Adventures, when wearing his cloak, is the creepy version, with red eyes.
- The Black Mages from pretty much every Final Fantasy game ever. Cute type.
- The main character in Journey is cute type.
- Most of the Heartless in Kingdom Hearts. Cute type or creepy type depending on the species.
- Although it comes and goes Depending on the Artist, the wizzrobes from The Legend of Zelda are often creepy type.
- The Endermen from Mine Craft are creepy type, and their whole body is black.
- The knights in Spiral Knights, also cute type.
- Meta Knight in Kirby is a borderline creepy type. When his mask is removed he is definitely cute type.
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable