Created By: Braininajar on April 30, 2009
Do We Have This One? ? (If not, I will write a longer description) Whenever there is a creature with clowing eyes (usually either magical or robotic) , the most common way to show that one died is a shot focused on the light in its eyes going out. Seen It a Million Times
- Terminator is probably the ur-example
- Lava mutant in Batman Beyond
- Spoofed in Scary Movie III. A woman is hit by a car and ends with the engine block through her body. When she dies, the car's lights go out.
- Mordred's animated gargoile statues in JLA cartoon
- H A L 9000
- Golems in Discworld have glowing eyes that go out when they're inactive.
- Happens to Marvin in the Hitchhiker's movie. Of course he's not really dead, but the first time you see it in the theater it's very dramatic, with a hint of "did that really happen?"
- In the intro of Dawn of War II, a space marine does it when his Power Armor is pierced.
- Optimus Prime in Transformers animated movie. The authors must have had some bet on how many tropes they can fit into one death scene...
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.