Sounds like a Pseudonym YKTTW Discussion
|Sounds like a Pseudonym|
Actor, musician or character has a real name that sounds made up
Audiences are used to the idea that people who have an Unusable Real Name will change it to something that is easier to pronounce, less ethnic-sounding(link to Jew?Me?), or just cooler. Some people, however, are lucky enough to be given cool names at birth, names so cool that it's actually a surprise when you find out they're not pseudonyms. Subtrope of Awesome Mc Coolname, in that it must be their real birth name - no nicknames or similar - and sound so awesome that any reasonable person would think that they must have made it up.
ExamplesAnime and Manga
- Mikado Ryuugamine from Durarara!! translates as "Emperor of the Dragon Peak." People often comment that his name sounds like it belongs to a manga character.
- Zack and Miri Make a Porno
Zack: What's your name?Lester: Lester... Lester the Molester Cockenschtuff.Zack: Wow. That's a great porn name.Lester: I get to pick a porn name?... Then I want to be called... Pete Jones.
- Prince, born Prince Roger Nelson
- Madonna, born Madonna Louise Ciccone
- The lead singer of Paul Revere and the raiders really was born Paul Revere
- Powers Boothe
- Poker player Chris Moneymaker
- Staff Sgt. Max Fightmaster
- Benedict Cumberbatch, best known for playing Sherlock Holmes in Sherlock.
- Moon Bloodgood dropped her first name, Korinna. Still pretty cool either way.
- Ethan Hawke
- Lamborghini test driver Max Venturi
- January Jones
- Billy Zane
- Quentin Tarantino
- Lex Shrapnel
- Wolf Blitzer