Audiences are used to the idea that people who have an Unusable Real Name will change it to something that is easier to pronounce, less ethnic-sounding(link to Jew?Me?), or just cooler. Some people, however, are lucky enough to be given cool names at birth, names so cool that it's actually a surprise when you find out they're not pseudonyms. Subtrope of Awesome Mc Coolname, in that it must be their real birth name - no nicknames or similar - and sound so awesome that any reasonable person would think that they must have made it up.
ExamplesAnime and Manga
- Mikado Ryuugamine from Durarara!! translates as "Emperor of the Dragon Peak." People often comment that his name sounds like it belongs to a manga character.
- Zack And Miri Make A Porno
Zack: What's your name?Lester: Lester... Lester the Molester Cockenschtuff.Zack: Wow. That's a great porn name.Lester: I get to pick a porn name?... Then I want to be called... Pete Jones.
- Prince, born Prince Roger Nelson
- Madonna, born Madonna Louise Ciccone
- The lead singer of Paul Revere and the raiders really was born Paul Revere
- Powers Boothe
- Poker player Chris Moneymaker
- Staff Sgt. Max Fightmaster
- Benedict Cumberbatch, best known for playing Sherlock Holmes in Sherlock.
- Moon Bloodgood dropped her first name, Korinna. Still pretty cool either way.
- Ethan Hawke
- Lamborghini test driver Max Venturi
- January Jones
- Billy Zane
- Quentin Tarantino
- Lex Shrapnel
- Wolf Blitzer
Hello, Unkown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.
Three days must pass before this YKTTW is Launchworthy or Discardable