Basically, when someone really fast waits to get the job done. Most of the time they are able to pull it off, but in some cases they fail because of their laziness leading to An Aesop
about not waiting until the last minute.
- The hare from The Tortoise and the Hare along with pretty much every variant of the story.
- In FoxTrot, Jason sits on his ass during a test, then when the 10 second mark is reached, quickly writes a test; he's that smart.
- During "The Contest" scene of Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street, Pirelli and Sweeney get into a contest to determine who can make the cleanest, fastest shave. Pirelli moves relatively slowly, singing all the while. Sweeney quietly spends most of the time lathering his customer up. Sweeney both starts and finishes the actual shaving part during Pirelli's big long note at the end of the song, and wins the contest.
- In a Justice League episode, Batman instructs Flash on how to disarm a bomb with only a few seconds left on the timer. Flash waits until Batman finishes before doing everything he was told before Batman has time to even take a breath.
- In My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic, Rainbow Dash gives an autograph while another pony is falling from a broken hot air balloon, and is actually a second late as the result. Fortunately, there was someone else to save the day.