Over 100% Completion
Getting over One Hundred Percent Completion in a game that tracks completion percentage.
When 100% Completion and Rank Inflation collide. There are a number of video games that track the player's completion percentage, and in some of these games it's possible to go beyond 100%. This could be for a number of reasons: the game could be doing it to hide secret content, or it could be the result of a bug, or the extra percentages could be the result of having to complete insanely hard challenges that the dev team doesn't want to pressure most gamers into completing just to reach 100% (though in this case, actually tying it to the completion percentage makes this effort a bit self-defeating.) Or it's just the game being cheeky about tracking completion. May be a consequence of a Fractional Winning Condition, where the game tells you you've obtained 100% of the necessary stuff when there is, in fact, more of it to collect.
- While the game doesn't normally track completion percentage, The Binding of Isaac Afterbirth gets extra cheeky about the concept by awarding your save file with a 1001% for unlocking and collecting everything. This goes even further in Afterbirth+ with 1,000,000%. Getting 1,000,000% in all three save files causes the game to register 3,000,000% completion.
- Burnout Paradise tops out at 102%
- Almost literally taken Up to Eleven in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, where it's possible to achieve 1100% completion in multiplayer due to the Prestige System.
- Castlevania: Symphony of the Night can reach 200.6% map completion due to a combination of hidden rooms and the existence of the Inverted Castle. However, it's also possible to exploit glitches to bring this percentage as high as 240%.
- Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped goes to 105%, and Crash Bash reaches 200%.
- A recurring trope in the Donkey Kong Country series. The first game tops out at 101%, the second at 102%, and the third at 105% (which is only possible by using a cheat code.) Donkey Kong 64 returns to 101%, only for DK King Of Swing, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze to go all the way to 200%.
- id Software's Doom can tabulate a kill percentage above 100% on any level with an archvile in it, since archviles can resurrect dead monsters, except other archviles. A player routinely has to down the same enemy multiple times before concentrating fire upon the archvile itself, which raises the kill count above the installed enemy count.
- Fez goes to an oddly specific 209.4%
- Inverted with the first print of Gran Turismo 2 discs, in which it was only possible to achieve 98.2% completion.
- Likewise with Just Cause 2, where it's only possible to achieve 99.67% completion due to several missing assets.
- Khimera Destroy All Monster Girls: It's possible to collect over 100% of the reported money in a stage, because that's actually just how much money it takes to get A rank, and there's more money than that in a stage.* Retro Achievements: Beating a game on hardcore mode gives a 200% complete message.
- In SEUM Speedrunners From Hell, completing all secret levels will result in a completion of 666%.
- Completing the Super Bonus Round level in Spyro: Year of the Dragon awards you 117% completion.
- Super Bomberman 5 goes up to 200%
Hello, Unknown Troper. You'll need to get known to lend a hand here.