Not Big Enough For The Two Of Us YKTTW Discussion
|Not Big Enough For The Two Of Us|
Do We Have This One?? A Stock Phrase used to emphasize two characters cannot occupy some important place or situation.
- Inverted in The Frisco Kid: "This is a very big country. How about I take California, and you take the rest?"
- Toy Story: One of the phrases that Woody says when his string is pulled is "This town ain't big enough for the two of us!".
- Bedtime Stories
Young Skeeter: The galaxy's not big enough for the both of us.
- The Virginian (1929)
Trampas: This world isn't big enough for the both of us!
- The Western Code (1932)
Nick Grindell: This town ain't big enough for the both of us and I'm going to give you 24 hours to get out. If I see you in Carabinas by this time tomorrow, it's you or me!
- Night Court episode "Harry on Trial"
Judge Willard: On July 12th of this year, didn't the defendant, claiming quote, "This courtroom ain't big enough for the two of us," unquote, squirt you in the face with a water pistol in open court?
- Soap Opera Home and Away. During a dream sequence:
Dr. Phillip Matheson: I warned you, dude, Summer Bay ain't big enough for the both of us.
- Even Stevens episode "Short Story"
Louis Stevens: Now listen, the school ain't big enough for the both of us, so you just get out of here.
- The Gene Autry Show episode "Feuding Friends"
Pat Buttram: I told you before, Autry, no town is going to be big enough for the both of us.Gene Autry: Then you better find yourself another town.Pat Buttram: I will not! I found this one first.Gene Autry: I'm stayin' here tonight. You can do what you want.Pat Buttram: And I'm doin' it - right now! [Slugs Autry in the jaw]
- Calvin and Hobbes has a parody. The two of them are wearing white and black cowboy hats.
Calvin: This town just ain't big enough for the both of us.Hobbes: Yep, I reckon we'll have to annex part o' the county.
- In Firesign Theatre's Nick Danger bit, when time travel leads to a woman's past and future selves fighting, they both exclaim, "There ain't room enough in this dress for both of us!"
- One adventure in Kingdom of Loathing involves both you and an unnamed NPC making this remark about the other. You both decide that the appropriate response is to take out your carpentry tools, do a bit of construction, and make the town a bit bigger.
- Marvel vs. Capcom 3: Fate of Two Worlds
Dr. Doom: This DIMENSION is NOT BIG ENOUGH for the BOTH of US!
- Looney Tunes
Yosemite Sam: This town ain't big enough for the two of us.Bugs Bunny: It ain't? Pardon me, Mac. [Runs offscreen, building noises ensue]. Now is it big enough? [Bugs has built an entire city nearby]
- Duck Dodgers in the 24½th Century:wWhen Marvin lands on Planet X, Dodgers tells him "this planet ain't big enough for the two of us." After they blow it up during an Escalating War, the statement becomes quite literal.
- SpongeBob SquarePants: quoted when SpongeBob and Patrick were talking about the advantages of being felons.
SpongeBob: And you get to talk tough. [gruff voice] This town ain't big enough for the two of us.
Metroplex: This planet's not big enough for the both of us!
- Jackie Chan Adventures
Jade: Sorry Charlie, but my body ain't big enough for both of us!
- Episode "Project A, for Astral". Shendu is in Jade's body.
Captain Black Dark: Oh Captain Black, I don't think Section 13 is big enough for the both of us.
- Episode "Black Magic"