Songs of Homesickness YKTTW Discussion
|Songs of Homesickness|
Songs that talk about how traveling sucks and how the singer just wants to go home.Up For Grabs
Up for Grabs Songs of Homesickness are songs that, as the name implies, are about how homesick the singer is, how much he wants to go home, and sometimes how he just can't do it for whatever reason. Quite often, the song is not just about how much the singer longs to return home, but how sick and tired the singer is of touring and how he just wants to stop and return to his family. Contrast Wanderlust Song, which is the exact opposite.
- "Forever Tonight", Jan Hammer.
- "Home" - Michael Bublé
- An early episode of SpongeBob SquarePants ("Texas") has Sandy singing a Blues song about how much she misses her homeland of Texas which brings all of Bikini Bottom to tears.
- "Georgia On My Mind" by Ray Charles. Originally written about a woman named Georgia, but The Cover Changes The Meaning in his version to make it about (a somewhat personified form of) the state.
- "Blue Bayou" by Roy Orbison.
- "Take Me Home, Country Roads" and "Leaving On A Jet Plane" - John Denver
- "Oh My Sweet Carolina" by Ryan Adams.
- Rivers of Babylon, Boney M. A cover of an earlier reggae song adapted from Psalm 137.
- "I Miss My Home" by Gaelic Storm.
- "Five Hundred Miles", writer unknown (probably Woody Guthrie), performed by Peter Paul & Mary
- "Home! Sweet Home!" by John H. Payne and Henry R. Bishop, is an Older Than Radio example, having been written in 1823. It was particularly popular among soldiers fighting on both sides of the American Civil War.
'Mid pleasures and palaces though we may roam,Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home!
- "Homeward Bound" by Simon & Garfunkel.
- "Home Sweet Home" by Motley Crue
- "Inis Mona" - Eluveitie
- "Mama I'm Coming Home" - Ozzy Osbourne
- "Goin' Back To Indiana" by the Jackson Five.
- "All My Lovin'" - The Beatles
- "Beth" by KISS.
- "Christie Road" - Green Day
- "Dead or Alive" by Bon Jovi.
- "Wheel in the Sky" - Journey
- "I'm Going Home" from The Rocky Horror Picture Show
- "Forever Together" by Foxy Shazam has the singer talk to the listener, saying things like "At the end of the day it's not funny, I miss my family far away" and "Travel's said to broaden the mind, but I'm just losing mine."
- "Goin' Back to Utah" by the Osmond Family.
- "2000 Miles" by the Deluxtone Rockets. "2000 miles but my heart is still back home with you. / So many miles away, my love for you still burns so true."
- "Sweet Home Alabama" by Lynyrd Skynyrd.
- "Home" by The Foo Fighters.
- "Stop!", Pink Floyd, The Wall.
- "Two More Weeks", by The W's, is about their experience touring. "Two more weeks to go / then we can go home!"
- "Sloop John B" by the Beach Boys, which was adapted from the Bahamian folk song "The John B. Sails", which dates back to 1917, at least.
- Belle sings the song "Home" in The Musical version of Beauty and the Beast.
My heart's far,Far away,Home is too.